Please read these instructions carefully before hanging our wallpaper. In most cases it is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper.
- For best results we recommend that walls are cross lined using a good quality lining paper. Sizing the lining paper will aid adhesion.
- Lining should be allowed to dry out completely before hanging the wallpaper.
Pasting and Hanging
Note. This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallpaper.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive should be used. We recommend ‘Solvite’
- Start papering from/in the top left corner of the wall/room and work towards the right
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorator’s brush to smooth down the wallpaper, working from the centre to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface, and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wallpaper.
- Paste will damage the surface. The company cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
For Hanging Wallpaper in Bathrooms
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive should be used. Once hung we recommend that you seal the wallpaper with ‘Polyvine’ Decorators Varnish – Dead Flat Finish (2 coats). It is very easy to apply and provides an invisible, waterproof seal.
- This information has been supplied in good faith, but without guarantee. Site conditions are beyond our control. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the environment is suitable for the wallpaper.